After talking to an assistant principal and the principal, the time is right to ask about action research. They are busy looking at the year and all the things that need to be changed in order to be more successful. They are also looking for help in these areas. When I talked with them briefly ( I mean very briefly), they both had a look of relief in their eyes. They are looking for help and are very willing to help guide you. We all want the year to be better for all parties involved.
So, go pick their brains and give them your ideas now.
I think you are right that now is the time that Administrators are starting to focus on the upcoming year. While reading the material from chapter two I was drawn to the fact that principals need to be instructional leaders and that one of the biggest factors for their success is the relationships that they develop. By reaching out to the administrators in a time of need, we too can help to build our relationships with them.
ReplyDelete