Sunday, March 20, 2011

Web Conference Review 3/9/11

After attending the web conference March 9th, I have come to the conclusion that web conferencing could be a useful tool. I could see how you could get input from many different people without having to be in the same place. I do feel that there needs to be some guidelines or topic for the conference. The conference I was in seemed to always go back to conversations about the Lamar Competency Exam (LCE) or the Instructional Leadership Development (ILD) training. I understand that those topics are important to all of us, but I was expecting a more subject focused discussion. I did not feel that I benefitted from that particular experience. With that being said, I did not push the issue either. A couple of people tried to focus the conversation, but they were outnumbered. If I were to use this technology as a tool, I would definitely want to have some sort of topic to be the focus of our discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment